Deadline Extended to 10 June due to Additional Theaters Confirmed and Repertoire being sought is Posted Below! Very few spaces left to register – register now before they are gone!
NYIOP is excited to announce that our annual European summer casting session is back and this year will be held in one of the world’s most exciting and thriving cities for opera, today!
Warsaw International Casting Audition
June 23-25, 2017
hosted by the Teatr Wielki in Warsaw, Poland
This session promises to be the “icing on the cake” for what has been the most successful NYIOP season in almost a decade!
There were more than 20 contract offers already from just the last Moscow Auditions in April!
Don’t miss this chance!
Our panel of International Casting Directors scheduled to attend includes representatives from the following opera houses:
- *NEW* Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe
- The Metropolitan Opera
- Canadian Opera Company
- Theater Erfurt
- Theater Lübeck
- Theater Magdeburg
- Lithuanian National Opera Vilnius
- Poznan Opera
- Szcecin Opera
- Polish National Philharmonic, Warsaw
- Teatr Wielki Warsaw
- Baltic Opera Gdansk
Additionally, there another important USA opera company awaiting a final confirmation which will make this a GREAT session!
(list of houses is subject to change)
NYIOP Casting Auditions offer:
- Efficiency – priced at 350 Euros, artists save thousands of Euros off the cost of travel and hotel expenses of a conventional audition tour as well as all of the time saved.
- Inclusivity – unmanaged artists as well as managed artists are both welcome and are served on a first come, first served basis. There is no preferential treatment.
- Exposure – you will be heard by some of the most influential casting personnel in the world today in one place at one time.
- Accessibility – once you have registered you are guaranteed to be heard by the entire panel in attendance. There is NO prescreening or vetting for NYIOP auditions
- Opportunity – NYIOP has been responsible for launching the international careers of countless singers over our 15 years in the business, many of whom had no management, whatsoever. Many singers have found management as a result of our sessions, as well.
- Employment – Take a moment to go to our NYIOP Facebook Pageto see just some of the many engagements (more are under current negotiations) from this past season alone and to read some of the glowing reviews from fellow singers.
- Reliable Casting Information – all roles being cast will be posted on the NYIOP website, as they become available.
Registration Deadline is 31 May 2017
DEADLINE EXTENDED to 10 June
New theaters added and Repertoire Sought is Posted Below
There are VERY few spaces left – Register Now and grab one of the last spots for this amazing opportunity!
Please go to www.nyiop.com for the most up to date information.
Here is a list of the Repertoire Needs we have received so far
from the theaters that are attending the Warsaw auditions:
- ABIGAILLE, NABUCCO, ISMAELE – NABUCCO 17/18 SEASON MAY 2017 PREMIERE
- HRABINA (DRAMATIC SOPRANO), KAZIMIERZ (TENOR) COMPOSER: S. MONIUSZKO 17/18 SEASON JANUARY 2018 PREMIERE
- LES PECHEURS DE PERLES – FULL CAST FEBRUARY 2018
- GOYA (MENOTTI) UNDER CONSIDERATION 18/19
- ALMAVIVA – BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA
- DES GRIEUX, LESCAUT – MANON
- DON JOSE, ESCAMILLO – CARMEN
- RODOLFO – LA BOHEME
- EBOLI – DON CARLO
- ROMEO, GIULIETTA – I CAPULETI E I MONTECCHI
- IDAMANTE – IDOMENEO
- BLUEBEARD, JUDITH – BLUEBEARD’S CASTLE
- CALAF – TURANDOT 2019
- DON BARTOLO – BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA
- DUTCHMAN – DER FLIEGENDE HOLLÄNDER February – March 2018
- MIMI second cast March 19-May 26, 2019
- OTELLO cover with one performance guarantee March 19- May 28, 2019
- BARTOLO in BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA February to March 2018
- SARASTRO for ZAUBERFLÖTE rehearsals from 12 March, Premiere 20 April 2018 (would also sing Ludovico or Montano in OTELLO)
- OTELLO for Verdi OTELLO rehearsals from 23 April, Premiere 1 June 2018
These are just some of the titles that are being cast and there are a few companies that have requested tenors of all types and basses of all types.
Additionally, it is COMMON at our casting sessions that offers are made for roles that we know nothing about before the session.
It is a very large group of companies and there will be opportunities for quality singers of all repertoire.
It is very important that you present yourself honestly and expressively. The companies do not want to see you sing like you are in a voice lesson. They want to see what makes you unique, special and individual. They want variety of colors and interpretation of the words. They want to know that you know your fach. Yes, technique is important but it is not the whole picture. Do not just come in and sing as loudly as you possibly can.
If they think you are unique, special and fall in love with you they will FIND something to cast you in. Casting Directors LOVE discovering new talent.
At the last session in Moscow, MANY contracts (10+) were offered from one company alone and NYIOP had no prior notification they were casting that much repertoire.
David Blackburn and Dillon McCartney from NYIOP will be presenting our regular and free live online Webinar, the week before the auditions. All registered singers will be able to sign in online for free and ask any questions you would like in preparation for the auditions. We will be announcing the date for the Webinar in the coming days.
Please keep checking in on the Facebook page for updates.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in Warsaw!
Amazing Warsaw and the Teatro Wielki
Here are some reviews from recent NYIOP participants:
“I would recommend NYIOP to anyone who is looking for the golden standard of opera singing. The folks at NYIOP are a wealth of knowledge. Their ability to direct a singers future and help them prepare the appropriate repertoire is uncanny! I would recommend this company to anyone looking to sing at their full potential.”“I’ve done the auditions 3 years in a row and have had a great experience. Getting the opportunity to sing for a variety of opera houses all at once is great. Every year I’ve done the auditions something positive has come from it. The staff has only gotten better over the years and are actively improving some of the things I see have been negatively reviewed in the past. Getting to sing for European houses and possibly getting a job and not spending thousands of dollars on an audition trip is worth it.”
“The most recent set of NYIOPS has been the best – I have done the auditions two or three times in total. The company representatives in this round had legitimate casting power and the ability to offer contracts, which had been a concern in the past. Most importantly, the NYIOP staff took a great deal of time with very detailed feedback that is honest and constructive, and something I can use concretely in moving forward.”
“NYIOP is a great opportunity for the singers of this generation. Frankly….. It is getting harder and harder to get an opportunity for us (singers) to sing for this level of crowds (Major opera house casting personnel) if you don’t have a connection or know the right person. I know it is a lot of money but think about how much u pay for the general auditions just for one company (roughly $25-$150? depend on the productions, right?). And with NYIOP you got to sing for at least 5 to 10 companies all over the world.. I think it was worth money to hear all feedback also. Long story short…For me; there was no way to get an opportunity to audition for these people in my lifetime but I sang for them and heard what they thought about my performance, thanks to NYIOP. Good luck to u all!!”